iPhone 5 pros and cons
So, after owning the iPhone 5, well I could say that I can now compare its specs with the iPhone 4S and weigh in their pros and cons. Now please, do not over-estimate Apple over Android or Windows. That’s often the mistakes of those who embrace propriety over universality. LMAO.
Pros and Cons of the iPhone 5
1.) 4-inch retina display monitor with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1136 x 640 overall dimensions
- 326 ppi (pixels per inch)
- conducive for games and movies
- Well, I’d like to tell you that the 4″ display is a good size for a phone, because we’re not competing with other companies (and should not be/do so) in terms of increasing screen size. You’re using a phone, not a mini tablet.
2.) Lightning Port
- Lesser space occupied
3.) 1GB RAM
- fast enough for a mobile phone especially if a power user chooses 64GB internal memory capacity
4.) Grasps Wi-Fi faster and more accurate
5.) Faster and more accurate cellular data feature (auto-3G)
6.) Assistive Touch is optional.
7.) Higher retina resolution
- Observe when you used to have an iPhone 4S and you love screen-capping. That way, the retina resolution of the iPhone 5 is much greater when uploading screencaps to WordPress.
8.) 8-megapixel camera with better image quality
9.) Video stabilization is improved; video quality is better.
10.) Equipped with EarPods
1.) Headphone jack is below the phone
- If it’s above the phone, well, you may insert the phone into your pocket without any problems. Well, IMHO.
2.) The steel/aluminum chassis/finish is highly sensitive (ACHTUNG!)
- You are required to buy an iPhone case for iPhone 5, and this is no joke. Meanwhile, you just need a screen protector for the iPhone 4S since it’s made of glass in the back part, not some sensitive metal right there.
3.) Some apps are compatible with the iPhone 5, but aspect ratio-wise, updates should be monitored
- Leme Camera hasn’t updated yet its software, and this is very frustrating since I have been using that app for a very long time. Hope they’ll offer an update soon, for optimization of the 16:9 display.
4.) You need one more lightning port cable to USB as an extra accessory.
- It is recommended just in case you forgot your lightning cable. At least you have an extra one.
5.) Again, no 128GB memory capacity just yet.
- 128GB capacity is very conducive and it should be taken note that it is the most conducive one if you’re opting for a 1GB RAM. (:
As a matter of fact, the iPhone 5 offers a very high-resolution retina display which again, could fill up the whole blog entry space of WordPress.
Therefore, I would recommend the iPhone 5 if you’re really into simple yet elegant mobile phones that has very powerful accuracy and precision in terms of touchscreen selection.