What digicam should I buy for momma?
NOTE: Prices are converted to Philippine peso because I am asking for the help of fellow Filipinos out there, just saying.
So, yeah. I have three sample models here and please, please please, make judgments. I don’t want to be the judge here ALONE. Since I am still uploading ALL my photos from the memory card of my beloved 550D (which I named it Babeh), well yeah. I’ll give you these models… xD
Courtesy of PhotographyBLOG.com
Canon PowerShot G12
2.8″ LCD screen
28-140mm (5x) optical zoom
The Canon PowerShot G12 is a digital camera for professionals. Yep, that’s right. It’s a high-end digicam… and according to PhotographyBLOG.com, it’s lowest price is Php 18,877.00. Unbelievable, eh? It’s really believable since it’s high-end, like DUH? It’s 5x zoom range is good enough to cover a lot of scene, whether wide-angle or telephoto, but its telephoto end isn’t that enough to reach the farthest subject.
You be the judge: How will you rate it from 4.0 as the highest, and 1.0 as the lowest. .5’s are really a must (e.g., 2.5).
Courtesy of steves-digicams.com
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47
3″ LCD screen
25-600mm (24x) optical zoom
I’m not really a fan of Panasonic, but I’d like to check this out since it’s a bridge camera and I know that there are some cool features that I’d like to try out using this one. It costs Php 17,200.00 (from the source where I got the photo). This is a “bridgicam” (portmanteau/shortcut for bridge digital camera– please inform me if someone else coined this term first before me).
Rate it from 4.0 as the highest to 1.0 as the lowest score.
Courtesy of imaging-resource.com
Canon Powershot SX230 HS
3″ LCD screen
28-392mm (14x) optical zoom
What is very distinctive in this digicam is no other than the… 16:9 aspect ratio of the screen. Well, it doesn’t seem new to me since most touchscreen cameras DO have 16:9 3″ LCD touchscreens (e.g. Sony Cyber-shot TX series, that is). I personally think this cam would be a good choice since it’s handy-dandy, y’know, cool, has long zoom and it also comes in PINK! I want the pink one since my momma’s got a pink Casio digicam for years already. I think I have to gift her this one in advanced.
Please rate from 4.0 as highest while 1.0 as its lowest.
If not of these three examples, I am looking for digicams with…
– Well, natuerlich the smallest megapixel is 10.00 MP. I want something that is 12.1MP above, or the max. is 16MP.
– At least 5x optical zoom, max. optical zoom is until hmmm… anything that reaches 200mm (telephoto).
– IS (as in is, not Image Stabilisation) macro capable or else.
– Has of course, Image Stabilisation, Sonic Motors are optional.
– Minimum LCD size is 2.7″.
– I only accept Nikon, Canon, Panasonic or… Sony. Please don’t ever pressure me with the more high-ends.
– Highest price will only be US$500.00/Php 21,500. (If it exceeds this maximum price make sure there’s bargain!)